Sunday, March 22, 2009

Czech glass button brooches & dog love

I just love Bella so much. She's only 6 but she looks so much older. I've had her since she was 10 weeks old and weighed 5 pounds. Here she is all snuggled in for a nap. Such a good dog. Her best friend is a Pitbull Greyhound mix who weighs about 90 pounds and lives upstairs from us. This dog and this vintage cotton coverlet are 2 of my favorite things in this world. The buttons come in a close second or third. Just got some findings that work well for these simple button brooches. I am working on items this month that will sell for 10 or 12 dollars each. I know the economy sucks so I am making some new items in a lower price point to get mixed in with Emily's greatest hits.
I have been sending out all my show applications. This year I am doing a lot more craft shows but just sticking to the 3 Brimfield shows to sell my vintage and antique goodies. It's getting harder and harder to find antiques of integrity and nifty vintage goods. I can produce so much more stuff than can be found to put my (antique) show inventory. So, doing more craft shows just seemed to make sense.
A few of these may go on etsy.

More soon...Back to work...XO Emily



No comments: