Friday, November 9, 2007

Brew ha, ha, ha, ha, ha....

My friend Kathleen makes the best tacos! Dave and I went to dinner at her house last week for some taco n beer brewin' fun. The boys bottled one batch of beer and got Guinness batch going for the next bottling. Hand made beer is a wonderful thing.
A truly yummy art. This is the bag of roasted hops after the sparging process.

Chris and Dave in the outdoor kitchen.
While the boys were brewing the beer Kathleen and I walked to the beach in with our wine. It was warm for October, warm enough for bare arms and bare feet. Such a simple pleasure to be in such a pretty place with my one of my favorite girls of all time. The Red Sox were on TV when we got back so while the guys finished up the beer we took a little 3 inning nap...Possibly due to a little too much red wine.
This is my favorite time of year, well actually September and October are the best months to be on Cape Cod. The weather is lovely, everything is still open, the kids are back in school and I actually have some free time to enjoy it.
Hooray.

Hey Kathleen, when is the party?

XO Emily

No comments: